Michael Barasch Comments on Recent Crane Accident in Queens
Michael Barasch, managing partner of the law firm Barasch & McGarry, commented that "its a tragedy when any construction worker gets hurt or dies. We must enforce safety regulations. The only way to do this is by hitting negligent building owners where it hurts them the most...in their pocket books. It's a sad commentary that only huge verdicts can get building owners to comply with safety regulations. We will stop at nothing to enforce the safety regulations. The laborers and construction workers deserve no less," said Barasch.
- Workers killed when beam crashes on crane, New York Post, November 22, 2016
- City says wind not a factor in deadly crane accident, New York Post, November 22, 2016
- Doomed construction worker stood atop steel beam as it fell on crane operator, killing both, Daily News, November 23, 2016
- Crane operator's wife heartbroken over fatal accident, New York Post, November 23, 2016
- Thanksgiving a struggle for family of Queens construction worker killed on job, Daily News, November 24, 2016